On the Road: Fashion, Food and Beauty
Even though I’ve been back in London for a week now, at least I have some fabulous clothes from LA and many gourmet memories to inspire and remind me of my wonderful holiday!
I’ve mentioned before my love of It’s A Wrap in LA, and my visit to the store this last time only increased the love! It’s A Wrap have two locations in LA and all their stock comes straight from the sets of the TV and film studios. A few years ago I picked up a jacket from the Gilmore Girls and a skirt from Legally Blonde. This time I picked up jackets, coats, cardigans, a bag and shoes (that weren’t made with leather).
Eileen Fisher Swing Coat – I was worried the colour would wash me out but it was so cute I couldn’t say no.
Majorly discounted black Michael Kors coat from the set of Law and Order (but no fashion crimes will be committed while wearing this).
Green Banana Republic Coat – this helps me build a wardrobe of quality winter coats, plus its in my favorite shade of green.
I had to fill this $6 brown beaded bag with some of the cardigans I bought. I was determined not to accept a plastic bag even though all my reusable cotton bags were bursting from holding the winter coats.
It’s A Wrap
1164 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA (also located in Burbank)
Urth Caffe – Beverly Hills
I won’t lie, I initially went to Urth Caffe to do some celeb spotting but it was the healthy food and organic tea that made me come back a second time. I loved popping into the Beverly Hills caffe and starting the day with their granola with fresh fruit and soya milk. So good!
Evelyn’s Favourite Pasta – The Cheesecake Factory
Because I was the only vegan travelling we did stop by the Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills. I really enjoyed this pasta and would like to try and make it at home some time. Here is how it read on the menu: ‘penne tossed with broccoli, oven-dried tomato, roasted eggplant, peppers, artichoke, kalamata olives, garlic and pine nuts’.
Vegan Pizza – Auckland
My pizza creation from the ‘Make Your Own Pizza’ night we had at my family’s place in Auckland, along with a yummy rice salad made by my aunt.
Vegetable Terrine – The Boat Shed, Bucklands Beach, Auckland
This dish was divine! One of the best meals I’ve had. It had a pepper coulis drizzled over the artistically wrapped courgettes and eggplants and the balsamic vinegar was heavenly. I’ve never noticed the flavours in a balsamic vinegar before but this was sharp, zingy and fruity. I should have asked where it was from.
Here are some of the organic and natural beauty products I traveled with. From left to right:
- Intelligent Nutrients Aromatics Spray: Nice, natural alternative to perfume
- Eucalyptus Spray: I filled an old glass bottle with purified water and a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to spray in hotel rooms and on the plane. It’s meant to keep the germs away and keep you healthy.
- Face Spritz: I filled this blue bottle with water to spritz my face during flights but I recently read that this actually dries your skin out. You need a spray with an ingredient such as aloe vera or something.
- Weleda Everon Lip Balm: Lovely vanilla, rose lip balm
- Erbaviva Jasmine and Grapefruit Deodorant: A natural deodorant that works!
- Sweet Almond Oil + Lavender Essential Oil: I made this blend to use as a hand sanitizer. I figured this is as natural as you can get. Lavender disinfects and the almond oil moisturises. It worked well for me.
- Weleda Skin Food: This ultra thick, gorgeous smelling moisturiser was perfect for my face and hands that were majorly dry from flying.
- Green People Intensive Repair Shampoo: Such an impressive organic shampoo that leaves hair super soft and shiny.
- Weleda Plant Gel Toothpaste: One of my favourite natural toothpastes
- Dr Bronner’s Organic Castille Soap: I didn’t open any toxic hotel toiletries and relied on Dr Bronner instead, using it as a hand soap and shower gel. You can also use it as a shampoo and toothpaste but I’ve yet to try that!
Sorry to waffle on but hopefully some of this info has been helpful! I’ll leave you with this final photo and thought before signing off.